Sunday, November 21, 2010

DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Crème-Gel Makeup SPF 20 review

My skin type is combination: oily on t-zone and normal on u-zone. But lately, my skin has been pretty dry.. Maybe it's weather.. or maybe I'm just getting old?  But anyways, I started looking for a moisturizing foundation.  I usually don't wear foundation.. but I wanted a compact so it's easy to apply and I can carry it around.  After few trials and error, I finally found something I like.

DiorSkin Nude Natural Glow Creme-Gel makeup is pretty moisturizing.  But if you expect liquid-foundation-moisturizing, you might be disappointed. ( at least I was..) I'm not sure how moisturizing this would be for dry skin since my skin is pretty mildly dry.  I liked that it has high SPF also.

It comes in a velvet pouch:

This is the compact. Very simple and very shiny. I like. :)

 When you open it, you can see it has a pretty decent sized mirror and a sponge w/ a seperator.  I don't like it when you open a compact foundation or a pressed powder and sponde is just on the top of the makeup. It just feels cleaner to have the sponge seperated from the makeup.

The included sponge has 2 sides.  One side is a typical foundation sponge and the other side is velvety surface.  It says the foundation sponge side is to blend and the velvety side is to achive the flawless even look.  I haven't actually tried the velvety side, but I really like the included sponge.  But it doesn't seem like Dior sells this sponge seperately.. so if you lose it, you lose it unless you buy another compact.

With the sponge removed
 You can tell that this foundation looks very creamy.  But it doesn't feel rich or sticky on your face at all. It goes on pretty lightly and smoothly.  And you can build up on the coverage without looking cakey.

This is with no makeup.. you can tell I have some red spots...
 This is after applying on layer of the foundation.  You can tell most red spots are gone and my skin looks so much smoother! I was hoping for a bit more dewey-glowy finish, but it didn't really give me that "glow". It is moisturizing so my skin doesn't look dry, but it didn't really make my skin look dewey either.  So if that's the look you want, you might want to use a pearly primer with it.  Here, I didn't use any primer.

So far, I've been carrying it with me all the time and use it touch up through out the day.. and it doesn't get cakey at all!! :) If you are looking for a compact foundation that can give you coverage without drying out, this is something you might want to try.  Oh, I used the shade 20 Light Beige. It only offers 4 colors.. not a good number of selection considering that this is a foundation.. so you might want to make sure to color match before you purchase.  But if you are looking for a super hydrating dewey finish foundation, you might have better luck with a liquid foundation.

Let me know if anyone else tried this and liked/disliked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment