Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Brunch

One of my favorite foods is breakfast!  Today was a nice relaxing Sunday.. Turkey omelette with hash brown is something I made pretty often on weekends when both my husband and I can sleep in.

One thing to note is that most my recipes are for 2 people.. since I'm just cooking for my husband and myself. If it's for more than 2 people, I will mention it, but otherwise, they are usually for just 2 people.

Here are the ingredients:
1/4 lbs ground turkey (maybe less.. depending on how much you would like)
1 carrot chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 large eggs
1/4 cup water (or milk if you want a bit richer taste)


Heat the frying pan and pour olive oil.  Cook carrot, onion and jalapeno until carrots are almost done.  Season your vegetables with salt and pepper.  Then put ground turkey in to the pan and cook.  Season with salt and pepper.  When turkey is about half way done, break them down with a spatula.  While it's being cooked. whisk 3 eggs and  water in a bowl.  You can use milk, but I just used water. Either one is fine.
Once turkey is cooked all the way, pour egg mixture into the pan and bring down the heat little bit.
Let eggs cook little bit.  Until most of it is firm.  Then start break down so that it looks like this:

I looooove anything that's made with potato.. can't have my breakfast without hash brown!  I buy packaged hash browns from Trader Joe's.
You could bake these too, but it takes longer.. and it's crispier if you fry it anyway!

Here's how I served it.  One for my husband, one for me. =D


And finish it off with macarons! They are from Bottega Louie. so yummy.

I want to trying making these once.. but it looks pretty hard.. we will see.

After brunch, my husband and I both played some video games. I worked on my jewelries a bit then we went grocery shopping.  It was a very nice and relaxing Sunday.. I love these lazy Sundays with the hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment