Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Two Eyeshadow babyshower Look~

So yesterday was my cousin's babyshower.  They are expecting a daughter in a month or so!! =)
Since all my family members were gathering, I didn't want to do heavy makeup.. I just did enough to emphasize my eyes a bit.

Products I used:

Face: OHUI BB cream, shu uemura spot concealer, Laura Mercier secret concealer (for under eyes)
Eyes: MAC paint in Still Life, Chanel eyeshadows, Shiseido eyebrow/eyeliner powder, Kiehls mascara in black, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, NYX slim eyeliner in black
Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco Chanel in Mademoiselle

I used Chanel travel palette for this look.  But shadows and blush in the palette are pretty natural so you should be able to find similar shades easily.  For this look I used, 3, 4, and 5.


This is my bare eye:

I fill in eyebrows first.  I always want to make sure my eyebrows look filled and nice. =)
I put MAC paint in Still Life all over my eyelid.  This is nice pale champagne-peach tone color with a bit of shimmer.  Sometimes I use this as primer.  But overall, for most my eyelooks, I start with this to give my eyelid a bit of brightness.  Then put the lighter shade, #3, all over the eyelid to give it a uniform tone.

Then put darker shadow, #4, following that guideline.  Because of my eye shape, I don't go too far from where my eyelids fold, since it can just end up making my eyes puffier.  If you have eyes shaped like mine, be careful to not go too far, even when you blend.  I just blended little bit around where the guideline ends so that it doesn't look harsh but didn't blend out too much.

This is how it looks when I open my eyes.  Sadly, you can't see the color of shadow that much... but it still gives some depth to my eyes. =p

Then, using an angled brush, line the bottom with the #4 shadow.  If you want darker, you can wet the brush and line, but I didn't since I'm going to line my eyes with an eyeliner.  When you do this with shadow, go a bit wider as you line towards the end of the eyes so that your eyes look a bit wider and longer.

Line your eyes with a black eyeliner following the lashline closely.  I drew out the liner a bit longer at the end to make my eyes look longer.  Also, on the bottom lash line, I went a bit wider towards the end just like I did with the shadow.

Curl your lashes and put 2 coats of mascara.  I also put mascara on the bottom lashes.
This is how it looks when I close my eyes:

After both eyes are done:

Using blush #5, swipe your cheeks in the shape of the guidelines.  I usually put blush a bit higher towards my eyes to make it more natural.  But don't put too much color on it.  Always start from the apple of your cheeks and use whatever left over on the brush to blend out.

I finished my look with Chanel Rouge Coco Chanel in mademoiselle.

 Indoor lighting:
Natural lighting:

No comments:

Post a Comment