Thursday, September 30, 2010

Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is not my original recipe.. I got it from my friend and I'm not sure where she got it from.

It's called Six-Can Chicken Tortilla Soup!  All you need is 6 cans of food, hence the name.

Ingredients:
  1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn
  2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
  1 (10 oz) can chunk chicken
  1 (15 oz) can black beans
  1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained

You can substitude any of these with fresh ingredients if you want.  I actually used chicken breast I had at home rather than using canned one.

Combine everything in a pan and heat thoroughly.  top soup with tortilla chips and cheese. Serve and enjoy!

All the ingredients.  I used a pack of chicken broth I had.

Since it called for canned chicken, I cooked chicken breast and cut it into small chunks before I put it in with the rest of the ingredients into the soup.

I just stirred once a while.  Once it started boiling, I reduced the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes or so.  But you don't have to.

 One for me one for my husband! I don't like cheese.. so no cheese topping for me.  I didn't have tortilla strips.. but it will taste better if you top the soup with tortilla strips!

This is a nice and quick way to make dinner! Especially if you have a slow cooker, put everything into the cooker the night before.  Turn it on before you go to work, and dinner will be ready when you get home! Unfortunately, I didn't have a slow cooker. =(  But even though you cook this when you get home, even with extra 30 minutes I let it simmer, it took less than an hour.


This is random but I have to share this cuuute picture of Mugen.
My baby!!!!! He's so adorable. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment